For both greenfield and brownfield sites, Atlas provides site investigation services to a wide range of clients. Our geotechnical service span from initial desk studies, site selection, ground investigations to complex assessment of soil/structure interaction and use of soils and rocks in the construction process.
We offer a wide range of geotechnical services to our clients effectively manage challenges and reduce risk whether it is for a deep basement excavation, managing potentially unstable slopes, re-use of old foundations or design of new foundations, controlling earthworks or predicting ground movements. We support our clients during each stage of the construction process, providing advice and guidance from feasibility and planning through to design and construction.
Our geotechnical capabilities include:
• Basement Impact Assessments;
• Construction Monitoring and Supervision;
• Desk Studies;
• Earthworks Design and Control;
• Foundation and Substructure Designs;
• Hydrogeological Assessments;
• Mining, Cavity Investigations and Remediation;
• Numerical Modelling of Ground Movements;
• Retaining Structure Analyses;
• Slope Stability Analyses; and
• Site Investigations
For site investigations, field techniques ranging from simple trial excavations and exploratory borings to sophisticated in-situ testing are used to obtain the data required for design and our knowledge of the capabilities and characteristics of a wide range of techniques and of the logistics of the investigation process is available to help formulate investigation designs. Whatever technique is employed, it is always under the direction and supervision of our qualified and experienced geotechnical engineers.
Geotechnical laboratory testing is undertaken in the laboratory in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Contamination testing is undertaken in accredited, approved laboratories.
As an extension of our geotechnical services, we offer investigation, assessment and regeneration of brownfield and contaminated sites ranging from single development plots to very large redevelopment schemes.
We support our clients in the following areas:
• Environmental due diligence;
• Phase 1 desk studies;
• Ground investigation including complex sites;
• Ground and groundwater risk assessment;
• Remediation options appraisal and strategies;
• Remediation design, contract specification and management;
• Site supervision and verification monitoring;
• Regulatory consultation to support with the planning process; and
• Verification reporting